At Excelsior American School, we are happy to support you and answer all your queries related to admissions.
Our admission process is systematic, efficient and straight-forward for all applicants:
- Parents may call the school and take an appointment to meet with the Head of Admissions. The front office executive will be available to facilitate the requested time of appointment.
- Parents may visit the school between 10:00 am and 5.30 pm on any weekday, or between 9 am – 5 pm on any Saturday to meet the Head of Admissions. A collection of school literature is available in the school lobby for parents to go through.
- Further information & prospectus can be mailed as well to parents on request. Furthermore, parents may view Course Handbooks available on our website.
- We host an Open House at the end of every quarter for all prospective parents who wish to meet the teaching staff, school counsellor and career counsellor. They can also take a tour of the school and inspect the facilities provided.
- The application for admission is accepted by the Head of Admissions after a preliminary interview with the parents and an interaction with students applying upto Grade 5. Beyond which an entrance examination is conducted for students applying for Grade 6 to 12.
If a student is accepted, a formal admission offer shall be sent to the parent along with the Parent-Student Handbook. The parent must send a formal acceptance of admission as confirmation, within a week of receiving the admission offer, to the school office.
- The prospectus, which contains the admission form, must be purchased by the Parent/ Guardian, filled with compulsory information sought in certain areas and parameters, and submitted to the school. The form is available to students from all nationalities, besides, of course, students of Indian origin.
- The parent/guardian next proceeds to fill the admission form that requires, majorly, the penning down of the intrinsic features of the child’s personality. It is of pertinent importance to the School that the values and principles, directions and parameters within which the child has been nurtured are revealed.
- The form must be submitted in the Administrative Department of the School. It is checked that all the details are duly filled in and the parent/ guardian profile is reflected as well.
- The coordinator of the department in which the child seeks admission, namely Pre-Primary, Primary, Middle School and High School is contacted with the details of the child.
Parents are required to fill out the requisite forms as listed below:
- Admission Application Form
- Health Form
- Transport Form
- FRRO Form (in case of foreign students)
- Meal Form
A student in Grade 9-12 has to fill the subject choice form. All students from grades 1-12 choose a club and sport for the afternoon activity.
The following documents are required along with the Admission Form:
- 6 Passport size photographs
- Photocopy of date of birth certificate or passport
- Photocopy of Visa and FRRO (for international students only)
- Last two/one year (s) academic report (Grade 2 and above)
- Certificate of Merit (if any)
- Transfer Certificate (T.C) or previous school leaving certificate
- 2 passport size photographs of each parent/ guardian
- Photocopies of passport, Visa, FRRO (for international passport holders only)
- Copy of proof of residence in India
- Confidential letter of recommendation, from students last school principal, counselor or teacher
- Transport request form (if availing transport)
- Pan card of at least one parent
Returning students are also required to complete the forms as we update records every year.